Driver Guided Tours
ISLE OF SKYE, HIGHLANDS, LOCH NESS AND INVERNESS - 4 DAY TOUR
This 4 day private tour will take you through some of the most dramatic and beautiful places in the Highlands including 2 nights on the romantic Isle of Skye. You can explore a wide array of local gems rich in history, myth and legend. From the magnificent Glencoe, over the sea to the Isle of Skye, Loch Ness, Inverness and the Cairngorm National Park.
You will spend 2 nights in the south west of the island in a very comfotable family run hotel with an award winning restaurant. The hotel is in a stunning location and well located to spend a full day exploring this magical island. We will then return to the mainland via the Skye Bridge and head east through the spectacular Glenshiel to explore Loch Ness and Inverness. Your very comfortable 4 star B&B is well located in the heart of this bustling Highland city overlooking the river Ness and Inverness Castle.
We will then head back down to Edinburgh through the Cairngorm National Park, with the opportunity to visit the haunting Culloden Battlefield, where "Bonnie Prince Charlie" finally lost the Jacobite cause in 1746. We will then visit Clava Cairns, an ancient burial site dating back to around 2000 BC, before heading back to Edinburgh through the Cairngorm Mountains via Pitlochry and the picturesque town of Dunkeld.
Guide price: £1,998 GBP (£999 per person based on 2 people sharing)
- Archie as your driver and guide for 4 days including pick up and drop off from Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Comfortable vehicle and luggage space (max 6 people)
- Fuel, insurance and parking
- 3 nights in our carefully selected accommodation
- Breakfast every day
- Consultancy and itinerary planning
- Car Ferry from Mallaig to the Isle of Skye
- Doune Castle
- Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
- Rannoch Moor
- Fort William
- Ben Nevis
- Glenfinnan Monument and viaduct (as seen in the Harry Potter film)
- Ferry "Over the Sea to Skye" from Mallaig to Armadale
- Black/Red Cuillin mountains, Skye
- Elgol, Skye (optional)
- Talisker whisky distillery (optional)
- Dunvegan Castle (optional)
- Glen Shiel
- Loch Ness
- Culloden Battlefield
- Clava Cairns
- Cairngorm National Park
- Dunkeld Cathedral
- Forth Bridges
NB This itinerary is only a guide and can be adjusted to suit your interests. A significant benefit of private tours is the flexibility it gives you on your holiday.
Please contact us for further information or to book this tour.