Uniquely Scotland is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use leading technologies to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We do not pass on your details to any third party saving those providing accommodation and/or activities/events for you and your party.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and address
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service and particularly for:
- our internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- send periodic promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
The Site may contain links to other websites, resources and/or advertisements. Uniquely Scotland cannot be held responsible for the content of any pages referenced by an external link that are not operated by Uniquely Scotland. Linked Sites may open in a new window. Uniquely Scotland does not control the Linked Sites and is not responsible for their contents, including any Linked Site through which you may have gained access to the Site or to which you may gain access from the Site. Your access and use of the Linked Sites is carried out solely at your own risk. We do not accept any liability in connection with any such linked Sites.
It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are posted on the Site. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from the Site will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using the Site. You must not post or provide to us via the Site, any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. You must virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us via the Site. You must ensure that any document or file you intend to post to the Site or provide to us via the Site does not contravene any applicable laws or contravene any person's legal rights. We do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss you may suffer.