Driver Guided Tours
A GRAND TOUR OF SCOTLAND - 6 DAY TOUR
This 6-day driver guided tour will take you to what we consider to be many of Scotland’s highlights including some real hidden gems. It covers many of the most spectacular parts of Scotland including the dramatic and varying landscapes of the Central and North West Highlands, the magical Isle of Skye, Inverness-shire and the Cairngorm Mountains, Royal Deeside and then down to the lowlands and picturesque rolling agricultural landscapes of rural Perthshire and Fife. The trip also includes a train journey on the world famous “Jacobite Steam Train” as featured in the Harry Potter film.
Your accommodation includes a night in a beautifully secluded west coast family run hotel near the village of Appin, with an award winning seafood restaurant. You will then have two nights in an award winning 19th Century Inn on the Isle of Skye with stunning sea views back towards the mainland. In Inverness, you will have a night at a very comfortable bed and breakfast well located in the centre of Inverness by the River Ness, overlooking Inverness Castle. Your final night will be in a magnificent 4-star country house hotel in rural Perthshire.
Guide price: £3,464 GBP (£1,732 per person based on 2 people sharing)
- A Uniquely Scotland driver guide for 6 days including pick up and drop of from Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Comfortable vehicle and luggage space
- Fuel, insurance and parking
- 5 nights in our carefully selected accommodation (based on x1 double room)
- Breakfast every day
- Train tickets on the world famous Jacobite Steam Train one way from Fort William to Mallaig
- Ferry tickets to and from Skye, including a short journey on the “Glenachulish", the last manually operated turntable ferry in Scotland to the beautiful village of Glenelg
- Consultancy and itinerary planning
NB extras such as distillery tours, lunch and dinner (unless shown above), are not included in the price although we would be happy to advise you further on this on request. This tour can start and end from either Glasgow or Edinburgh. We would be happy to advise you further on accommodation in either city on request.
- Stirling Castle
- Deanston Whisky Distillery (optional)
- Doune Castle
- Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
- Rannoch Moor
- Ben Nevis
- A trip on the world renowned Jacobite Steam Train
- Glenfinnan (as seen in the Harry Potter Film)
- 2 nights on the beautiful and magical Isle of Skye
- Ferry to and from Skye
- Cuillin mountains, Skye
- Elgol, Skye (opportunity to take a RIB boat wildlife trip into Loch Scavaig with stunning views of the Cuillin mountains and other smaller islands such as Soay and Rum)
- Lunch at the award winning 3 Chimneys Restaurant, Skye (optional)
- Talisker Whisky Distillery (optional)
- Glenelg and the “Ratagan Pass”
- Glenelg Brochs
- Glen Shiel
- Invermoriston and the "Falls of Moriston"
- Loch Ness
- Urquhart Castle
- Grantown on Spey
- Cairngorm National Park
- Royal Deeside
- Royal Lochnagar Whisky Distillery (optional)
- Balmoral Castle (subject to opening times c. Easter - 31st July)
- Braemar village
- Perthshire and "big tree country"
- St Andrews
- East Neuk fishing villages
- Forth Bridges
NB This itinerary is only a guide and can be adjusted to suit your interests. A significant benefit of private tours is the flexiblity it gives you on your holiday.
Please contact us for more information or to book this tour.