ISLE OF SKYE, HIGHLANDS, LOCH NESS AND INVERNESS - 5 DAY TOUR
This 5 day private tour will take you through some of the most dramatic and beautiful places in the Highlands including 2 nights on the romantic Isle of Skye. You can explore a wide array of local gems rich in history, myth and legend. From the magnificent Glencoe, over the sea to the Isle of Skye, Loch Ness, Inverness and the Cairngorm National Park.
You will spend a night in the picturesque fishing port of Oban before heading up to the Isle of Skye on the World famous Jacobite Steam Train for 2 nights and a full day to explore this magical island. We will then return to the mainland either via the Skye Bridge or if you prefer the spectacular and secluded village of Glenelg and head east through the Glenshiel to explore Loch Ness and Inverness.
We will then head back down to Edinburgh through the Cairngorm National Park, with the opportunity to visit the haunting Culloden Battlefield, where "Bonnie Prince Charlie" finally lost the Jacobite cause in 1746. We will then visit Clava Cairns, an ancient burial site dating back to around 2000 BC, before heading back to Edinburgh through the Cairngorm Mountains via Pitlochry and the picturesque town of Dunkeld.
Your accommodation includes a mix of 4 star bed and breakfasts and award winning hotels. these are located in the beautiful fishing town of Oban with stunning seaviews out toward the Isle of Mull, Skye and also Inverness, known as “the capital of the Highlands”, right on the bank of the picturesque river Ness.
Prices from: £2,785 GBP (£1,393 per person based on 2 people sharing)
- Your Uniquely Scotland driver guide for 5 days including pick up and drop off from Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Comfortable vehicle and luggage space (max 8 people)
- Fuel, insurance and parking
- 4 nights in our carefully selected accommodation
- Breakfast every day
- Consultancy and itinerary planning
- Car Ferry from Mallaig to the Isle of Skye
- Stirling Castle viewpoint
- Short stop at Doune Castle
- Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
- Picturesque Highland village of Killin for a pub lunch
- Loch Awe
- Kilchurn Castle
- A night in Oban
- The Great Glen
- Fort William
- Ben Nevis
- Glenfinnan Monument and viaduct (as seen in the Harry Potter films)
- Arisaig beaches
- Ferry "Over the Sea to Skye" from Mallaig to Armadale
- Black/Red Cuillin mountains, Skye
- Remote village of Elgol (optional)
- Talisker whisky distillery (optional)
- Dunvegan Castle (optional)
- Glen Shiel
- Glenelg (alternate route via Glenelg ferry)
- Loch Ness
- Culloden Battlefield
- Clava Cairns
- Cairngorm National Park
- Dunkeld Cathedral
- Forth Bridges
NB This itinerary is only a guide and can be adjusted to suit your interests. A significant benefit of private tours is the flexibility it gives you on your holiday.
Please contact us for further information or to book this tour.