NORTH EAST ROYAL ROUTE - 2 DAY TOUR
“The Royal Route” tour will take you to a variety of places in the North East Highlands and The Kingdom of Fife with a classic Royal theme. The tour will take in a selection of Scotland’s most historical and beautiful castles and the stunning scenery of the North East Highlands, the Kingdom of Fife, St Andrews and East Neuk fishing villages.
The tour includes a one night stay in Banchory, located in the heart of Royal Deeside, which is only a short drive away from Balmoral Castle, the Royal Family’s highland residence. The itinerary is well suited for those who might have particular interest in Scotland’s rich and diverse royal history as well as a passion for taking in spectacular scenery and stunning views. The tour is based on a Pitlochry start and Edinburgh/ Glasgow finish but we can adjust this to suit you.
This itinerary is designed to be the perfect addition to our 8 day Train Tour for anybody who is keen to extend their stay and really get off the beaten track. Please note this 2 day tour can be adjusted to start in Glasgow or Edinburgh if it better suits your needs.
Prices from: £1,216 GBP (£608 per person based on 2 sharing)
- Uniquely Scotland Driver and Guide for 2 days
- Comfortable vehicle and luggage space
- Pick up at 09.00 from your accommodation in Pitlochry and drop off at c17.30 in Edinburgh.
- 1 night in our carefully selected accommodation (Breakfast Included)
- Fuel, insurance and parking
- Itinerary planning
- Driving over the Cairnwell Pass through Glenshee (The highest main road in the United Kingdom)
- Linn O Dee - The beautiful Linn of Dee is where the river cascades through a narrow chasm, topped by an old stone bridge. You can then walk up the lower reaches of Glen Luibeg, passing more waterfalls and through beautiful old pinewoods.
- Loch Muick and the Balmoral Estate - Loch Muick on the Balmoral Estate provides good views of the surrounding hills and pleasant stopping places. A longer walk can be included to take in the impressive Glas-allt Shiel house built by Queen Victoria.
- Balmoral Castle and Gardens (subject to availability)
- Royal Deeside
- Crathes Castle and Gardens
- Cairn O' Mount and Viewpoint – The Cairn O Mount is a high mountain pass in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. The place name is a survival of the ancient name for what are now the Grampian Mountains.
- The Blue Door Walk - Go through the "Blue Door" at Edzell and take a walk back in history. The walk comes with a mysterious bright blue door, a Shakin’ Brig (Shaking Bridge), a powerful surging river and leaping salmon.
- The Kingdom of Fife
- St Andrews
- St Andrews Cathedral
- The Old Course (Home of Golf)
- East Neuk Fishing Villages
- St Monans medivel Kirk
NB extras such as visitor attraction tickets, lunch and dinner are not included in the price although we can advise you further on this you wish. This itinerary is only a guide and can be adjusted to suit your interests.
Please contact us for more information on how to book this tour.