ISLAY, CAMBELTOWN AND WEST COAST WHISKY TOUR - 5 DAYS
This 5-day private driver guided tour takes you to the iconic whisky regions of Islay and Campbeltown, as well as a visit to the picturesque fishing town of Oban, famous for having one the oldest working distilleries in Scotland, dating back to 1794. The tour includes some of the most spectacular scenery in Scotland and takes you to the secluded island of Islay, a place of pilgrimage for whisky drinkers all over the world. Visit the “Holy Trinity” of whisky distilleries on Islay, including the legendary Laphroaig and Lagavulin distilleries.
The tour also includes a visit to the famous whisky region of Cambeltown, the beautiful Loch Lomond and Trossachs National park and returns via Loch Fyne and Inveraray with a stop at the impressive Inveraray Castle and Gardens.
Your accommodation is based on three very comfortable 3 or 4 star hotels in Oban, Islay and Campbeltown and we can be flexible to suit your accommodation preferences. This itinerary is based on an Edinburgh start and Glasgow finish but can be flexible to suit.
Prices from: £4,486 GBP (£2,243 per person based on 2 people sharing)
- Comfortable vehicle and luggage space (max 6 people)
- A Uniquely Scotland driver and guide for 5 days
- Fuel, insurance and parking
- 4 nights in our carefully selected luxurious accommodation (based on x1 double bedroom)
- Breakfast every day
- Return ferry journey from Kennacraig to Islay
- Laphroaig distillery tour
- Lagavulin warehouse experience
- Springbank warehouse tastings
- Itinerary planning and consultancy
- Woodwinters Store, Bridge of Allan for a fun and informal whisky tastings to suit your tastes and explore their extensive whisky selection
- Stirling Castle (viewpoint)
- Short stop and the famous Doune Castle
- Trossachs and Loch Lomond National Park
- Kilchurn Castle
- Picturesque fishing town of Oban
- Oban distillery for tastings
- Beautiful 2.5 hour ferry journey over to Islay (return)
- 2 nights on the magical island of Islay
- A full day to explore some of the historical sites on the island as well as a few distilleries!
- Laphroaig Distillery Tour
- Lagavulin Warehouse Experience
- Ardbeg Distillery
- Bunahabhain Distillery
- Bowmore Distillery
- Spectacular and remote Kintyre Peninsula
- Springbank distillery (Warehouse tastings)
- Loch Fyne
- Inveraray Castle and Gardens
- “Rest and Be Thankful” mountain pass
- Loch Lomond
- Luss conservation village
- Return to Glasgow/Edinburgh
Whisky Distilleries visited:
Oban Distillery tastings (Highland region)
Laphroaig Distillery Tour (Islay region)
Lagavulin Warehouse (Islay region)
Ardbeg Distillery (Islay region)
Bunahabhain Distillery (Islay region)
Bowmore Distillery (Islay region)
Springbank Warehouse (Cambeltown region)
NB the above distilleries are not set in stone on the tour and we can be flexible to suit your particular whisky interests. All accommodations and attractions subject to availability.
Please Contact Us for more information or to book this tour.