Driver Guided Tours
ROYAL DEESIDE AND THE NORTH EAST - 2 DAY TOUR
This 2 day tour is perfect for those looking to get off the beaten track with some spectacular castles, Highland and Lowland scenery and beautiful walks with the opportunity to taste some delicious local food and drink.
On this tour we will take you to a much undiscovered part of Scotland, an area that includes magnificent scenery in the Cairngorm National Park and Royal Deeside as well as the beautiful county of Angus, said to be the birthplace of Scotland. Visit the home of the world famous Arbroath Smokie at Auchmithie. This is line-caught haddock, smoke-cured over smouldering oak chips, and still made here in a number of family-run smokehouses in the local area. You can try this and other delicious local seafood dishes at the famous But ‘n’ Ben restaurant at Auchmithie.
We will then pass through Fife with the opportunity to visit St Andrews on our way back to Edinburgh. Your accommodation is a luxurious and cosy Inn by the River Dee in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park.
Guide price: £1,040 (£520 per person based on 2 people sharing)
- Comfortable vehicle with luggage space (max 6 people)
- A Uniquely Scotland driver and guide
- Fuel, insurance and parking
- Itinerary planning
- 1 night at a cosy Inn by the River Dee in the heart of Royal Deeside
- A tour of the magnificent Glamis Castle
- Glamis Castle
- Lunch at a traditional “Drovers Inn”
- Cairngorm National Park
- Royal Deeside
- The stunning Linn of Dee waterfalls
- Beautiful and secluded "Cairn O' Mount" hill road from Deeside into Angus
- Angus glens
- Stunning river walk with chance to see Atlantic salmon on river North Esk
- Visit home of the “Arbroath smokie” with delicious lunch at seafood restaurant
- Kingdom of Fife
- St Andrews
- Picturesque East Neuk fishing villages
- St Monans medieval church
- Forth bridges
- Landrover safari on Glen Tanar Estate (max group size 4) or a guided walk. Exclusive guided tours of this magnificent Highland estate in the Cairngorm National Park led by experienced guides who know the estate inside out. Refreshments provided.
- Royal Lochnagar whisky distillery tour
- Balmoral Castle (April – July)
NB This itinerary is only a guide and can be adjusted to suit your interests. A significant benefit of private tours is the flexibility it gives you on your holiday.
Please contact us for further information or to book this tour.